Tuesday 10 January 2012

Have You Read...Conn Iggulden?

Today marks 2,061 years since Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon and changed the course of history for the Roman Empire and began his journey to becoming Emperor.

I have always been fascinated with Rome and I stumbled onto these books a few years ago. They are a fictionalised novelization of Julius Caesar's life from a young man right through to his eventual death. Whilst I normally read thrillers I do stray outside the genre from time to time and these books are among the most thrilling books I've ever read. The books will make you will feel like a centurion on the front lines of the legion or a senator sitting in the benches listening to the oratory of Crassus or even a plebian watching the Triumph of Marius.



If you want a rip roaring series set in the cauldron of Ancient Rome check out this series, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment